9.16.2013

Paper Flower Pomander Ball

Do you know what a pomander is ????

It is actually a ball of flowers from which beautiful fragrance comes. It is usually hung as a decorative item or can be kept as a centerpiece on the table. It is used mostly during weddings or any other occasion. It is also known as a 'Kissing Ball'.

It is made of fresh flowers, or as in this tutorial, it can be made using paper flowers and can be used for decorating your home during festive seasons like Christmas :) 

Lets see how its done. I got the idea from here.

You will need:








  • Pearl headed pins (I used white)
  • Styrofoam Ball (4" ball)
  • Flower Paper Punch (any type) (Thanks to my friend for giving me the paper punch :) I was able to do this project caz i had this).  --> You can use Hydrangea paper punch for hydrangea flowers .
  • Pearl card stock (It has a shiny texture on it and looks beautiful) or glitter chart. (I used light pink).
  • A candle holder or any stand to make it hold if you are using it as a centerpiece (or) you can hang this in your room. 

Instructions:
  • Punch as many flowers so as to cover the entire Styrofoam ball.
  • Curl the edges of the flowers slightly.
  • For each flower, push a pearl pin through the center and into the Styrofoam ball.
  • Continue this for each flower and until you cover the ball.

(Note: You can stack two flowers together and push them in the ball as well).

There you have... An adorable pink flower pomander ball in just few mins :) 

Hang it in your room or keep it on a stand (I used a candle holder) and use it as a centerpiece or for side tables :) 

My Pink Pomander with Pearl headed pins:





I also tied a pink satin ribbon on the stand for extra pink and cuteness :) :) :) 



I hope you liked the tutorial :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop by. I would love if you leave some inspiring comments about the post. To avoid spam and unwanted users from leaving a comment, your comment will be verified and posted in sometime. Thank you :)